Thursday, December 24, 2009

In the Zone!!!

4:00 Mass in the gym went very well.  There were many different families and the Mass had a very family oriented atmosophere.  6:00 was truly beautiful.  The music was wonderful, the people all participated and sang.  It was very prayerful.

Then it was back to the Rectory.  My entire family was there.  They went to the 4:00 Mass, and then while I was at the 6:00 the got everything ready for the big Christmas meal.  We ate, we told stories, we laughed, and then we opened gifts.  I am now in that wonderful quiet period.  My family have all gone home, and I have silence as I wait for the midnight Mass. Two hours to wait.  It is a time to pray, a time to listen, and a time to think.  This is a wonderful time because my mind is racing from the beautiful liturgy, and time with family and now time with God.  My soul has been primed, and now God's voice seems louder than ever.  This is a moment of Grace.

In two hours we will begin to pray again.  We will sing, we will worship, and we will raise our hearts and minds to God.   Now for a small piece of Holy Cross trivia.   Watch the chalice I am using at Mass.  It was donated to the parish in 1942.  It has been used at Holy Cross Parish for special Masses for 67 years.  My Grandparents, and parents would have been at Mass with that Chalice being used.  I like to use it every Christmas and Easter as a connection the Past.  It is a way of recognizing that it is not just the people in the Church worshipping God, but rather:  We worship with all the Angels, saints and everyone in heaven.  We all join together as we sing:  Holy, Holy, Holy Lord.

Christmas is wonderful and it begins with Mass.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment