Monday, March 29, 2010

Scripture and the News

Greetings,

The sex scandal has been in the new constantly.   It seems that the media is doing everything at their disposal to try to bring Pope Benedict down.  They are trying to make connections to him that don't exist.  Any abuse is a tragedy, but it seems certain groups are using this abuse in a concentrated attack.  It made me reflect on this scripture:

Zechariah 13:7    "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who stands next to me," says the LORD of hosts. "Strike the shepherd, that the sheep may be scattered..""

They want to scatter the sheep by attacking the shepherd.  Let us pray for the Pope.   In the Pope's inargaral address he asked for our prayers.    Here is the prayer the Poped asked for:

My dear friends
at this moment I can only say:
pray for me,
that I may learn to love the Lord more and more.
Pray for me, that I may learn to love his flock more and more
– in other words, you, the holy Church,
each one of you and all of you together.
Pray for me,
that I may not flee for fear of the wolves.
Let us pray for one another,
that the Lord will carry us
and that we will learn to carry one another.
[Pope Benedict XVI, 24 April, 2005]


peace

No comments:

Post a Comment